Here are plans for a novel day’s outing. Join us on a railcar tour to Toowoomba which offers the following attractions:-
Travel by special chartered 2000 class railcars departing from Roma Street station. Pick-up stops will be made at Corinda, Ipswich and Rosewood.
- Sit back and enjoy the journey through Brisbane’s outer suburbs, the farmlands west of Ipswich, the climb of the Little Liverpool Range and the renowned blacksoil plains through Laidley, Grantham and Helidon where much of Brisbane’s vegetables is grown.
- Beyond the village of Murphy’s Creek the railway ascends the Main Range with steep grades and many curves and tunnels.
- See the gardens at Spring Bluff railway station. They are usually a delight at this time of the year.
- The railcar arrives at the recently renovated historic Toowoomba railway station. Passengers may pre-book lunch at the former Railway Refreshment Rooms now trading as Inbound Restaurant where they will partake a chicken, pancetta, leek tart, salad and for dessert rosewater panna cotta, fresh fruit salad salsa with tea or coffee for $23.50. Alternatively you may make your own luncheon arrangements at one of the nearby hotels or cafés.
- On completion of lunch join the waiting coaches for a tour of some of the prize-winning gardens in Toowoomba’s annual Carnival of Flowers.
- Following the gardens tour the coaches will drop you back at Toowoomba station for the return to Brisbane.
FARE (INCLUDING RAIL & COACH TOUR): $150.00 per person
LUNCH $23.50 per person
Approximate times are shown below. Confirmed times will be advised when tickets are forwarded.
forward journey return journey
Roma Street 7.40am Toowoomba 3.15pm
Corinda 8.05 Rosewood 5.40
Ipswich 8.40 Ipswich 6.00
Rosewood 9.02 Corinda 6.35
Toowoomba 12.15nn Roma Street 6.50pm
REFRESHMENTS: Cool drinks, chips & sweets will be for sale on board the railcar.
RESERVATIONS: Bookings may be made:
MAIL: Forward the attached booking form with a cheque, money order, or credit card details to:- Australian Railway Historical Society Qld. Div. GPO Box 682, BRISBANE, 4001
FAX: Fax the booking form and credit card details to:- (07) 3252 1767.
TELEPHONE: Ring (07) 3252 1759 with your credit card details between 10.00am and 3.00pm, Tuesday to Thursday. (All credit card bookings attract a 2% surcharge)
REFUNDS: Will only be made if an unmarked ticket is returned by 11th September.
RESERVED SEAT TICKETS: Our tours feature reserved seating and tickets will be mailed out about 10 days before the tour date.
INFORMATION LINE: 3252 1759 Our office is normally staffed between 10.00am and 3.00pm, Tuesday to Thursday. A messaging service operates at other times.